I wish I could tell you this is the first time I wrote this post, but it isn't. You see I wrote it in the last hour, went to press 'Save' and POOF... it was gone. Kind of like a fleeting moment that needed to be captured but missed. Kind of like a photo on Instagram that comes up and then there's a refresh and you have no idea where it went. Happens to me all the time! I then spend the next 20 minutes scrolling my feed to find that ONE photo. The wormhole begins and that ONE photo leads to 30 new likes on photos you didn't know you were hoping to see. What I am trying to say is, I had a well written post about who I am, how I came to be a photographer in New Jersey, where I have been, and who I have photographed in New York City, Israel, Italy, Florida, and all the places in between that I have visited. But this post will just have to do!
My name is Nicole Becker and I have always been a photographer. Not always professional, but a passionate being behind the lens. My passion started from the first point and shoot camera I was given, the ones with the paper covering and the wind button, 3 - 5 day film processing at your nearest CVS or Costco to now photographing engagements, weddings, and family milestones such as maternity, newborn, and family portraits. I am a natural light photographer who loves to capture the fleeting moments. Since the days of my disposable cameras, I have always been invested in capturing memories and keeping them forever.
I would love to learn more about you so say hello on Instagram!
But before you go, here are 5 fast facts about me:
1. One of my top 5 favorite places is Times Square, in the wee hours of the morning, when it is so quiet that the loudest thing you hear is the lights from the billboards.
2. My first job was working in a bakery at the Jersey Shore when I was 13... I didn't eat donuts again until I was pregnant with my daughter. Insert BIG EYE EMOJI!!
3. When I was younger I use to sketch up magazines on lined paper and make my Pop Pop read them. The magazine was 'Untitled'
4. I have an unhealthy obsession with Justin Timberlake and cannot wait to see him in concert for the umpteenth time this March! Anyone else going?
5. I married my college sweet heart and we have a beautiful daughter and another on the way - we haven't picked a name yet so comment below with some of your favorites!